It’s easy to loose one’s sewing focus, what with Christmas just around the corner, meals to be prepared, parties to celebrated, champagne to be drunk etc. So in order not to forget what is what and where it’s at I thought I should announce my sewing plans for Jeans in January.
So: In January I plan to:
- Sew another, fitting, pair of Jalie 2908, from a light denim that I recently acquired
- Muslin the Ginger Jeans pattern, trying to frankenpattern the high-waist of the skinnies onto the stovepipe-leg-version
- Sew a pair of Gingers following the results of the muslin in navy corduroy (recently acquired)
- If this results in a TNT, sew a pair of Gingers in black, coated denim (from the stash, was meant to be jeans early this year but deemed to out there – but then, the older I get the closer I get to “crazy old lady” territory, so I might try out there again.
- Get rivets and try to adorn my jeans with rivets. I do already have the hammer!
- Maybe, possibly sew a pair of white Jalies (from stash) – I kinda fancy a pair of bootcut white jeans, I have a vision of lazily slouching by the pool in them. If I don’t wake up the the reality of a German January and still have time I might just make them…
- Possibly join Instagram. I have been wary of adding another social media channel to my list as I feel there can be too much of a good thing, but I have heard instagram praised so much (my reader Marianne called it a game-changer, so there is that), that I’d like to look into it.
- Also (and entirely unconnected to Jeans in January) I’d like to announce a 3-month stash diet as from January. I have SO MUCH fabric in my stash right now, emergency measures are in order.
Although I might post again this year if I can in the mince-pie induced stupor that is the holiday season, I better wish you a wonderful time at Christmas. Have a great new year and see you again in 2016 at the latest, whether for Jeans in Januar or other sewing business.