Ali of Thimberlina and I have been at it again! After the fun that was Jumping into June we’ve decided to start another sewing collaboration: Jeans in January. And we’d like you to come along for the ride!
The idea materialised when we realised we both had the Ginger jeans sewing pattern but hadn’t got round to making it yet. If I interpreted the comment section of the relevant blog post correctly, we aren’t the only ones. So maybe it is time to pull out all the stops and start making those jeans in January.
Like with Jumping into June there aren’t that many rules, no judgment and there aren’t any prizes, I’m afraid, only the glory of having made your own jeans.
- So basically: If you fancy taking part in Jeans in January, just say so in the comments. I will compile and update a list of all those who want to join in.
- The goal is to sew a pair of Jeans by or during January. Whether this is your first pair or your 100th is of no concern to Jeans in January.
- You decide which pattern to make. So you can dust off all those Ginger printouts that seem to be hidden in pattern drawers, make one of the flared jeans patterns that are coming out now or even attempt a pair of jeggings.
- Use the fabric you want your jeans to be in! Go for denim if that tickles your fancy, but you can certainly choose a different fabric if you wish – how about Jungle Jeans in January? Or some nice corduroy flares? That might be what I’m going for…
- Once you are done, let me know the link to your blog post so I can organise a line-up of all your wonderful results.
- Oh, and of course if you are on Twitter, use #jeansinjanuary as your hashtag!
So hopefullly many of you want to join in. Just let me know in the comments!