Well, most people might call this colour Forest Green – but I call it British Racing Green which (in my world view) makes it sound a lot more stylish!
I used Burdastyle 6/2015 #121 – a pattern that I knew I wanted to make up from the moment I saw it on the preview.
It is gathered both in front and back and only the gathers make the strangely shaped pattern pieces assume the form of a dress.
Burda necklines are know for their wanton plunginess, but for once, this time I didn’t think it is too bad. However, when I first made the dress, this happened:
The neckline is finished with a facing that is so narrow that it keeps popping out. Not acceptable, I’m sure you’ll agree. So I unpicked the whole facing, sending a lot of unkind thoughts towards the gods of Burda pattern making (in fact some inappropriate words might have been heard…) and made a new, wider facing:
So overall I’m really pleased with the dress and have worn it several times since these pictures were taken about six weeks ago. So much so that I already made a second version, this time in a crazy panel print!