I might look a little doubtful in this picture, but I actually really like my new(ish – it was made in July) parka!
It’s based on Burdastyle 11/2011 #111, the same pattern that I made my duffle coat from. No hand-quilted lining crazyness this time, the parka (apart from the hood) is unlined, so I french-seamed all the inside seams.
I made the hood quite a bit smaller than in the pattern, but as you can see it’s still quite big. I also made the back hem dip down a little bit. The whole parka has a tunnle around the bottom hem that holds a cord.
I put two generous patch pockets on, however, the chest pocket flaps are just for decoration, there are no pockets underneath them. I figured that I wouldn’t put any contents in there anyway, so decided to leave off the pockets.
All the hardware is really really shiny gold which goes well with slightly glittery material (I’m talking Twilight vampire shiny here) and with my recent theme of bling. So all in all I’m really happy with parka, my first one for many, many years.
Now both Child 2 and 3 want one of their own, so I better hurry up!