So far MMM14 has gone rather well for me in as much as I have managed to wear only me-made outerwear so far. However, it made me realise that there are a couple of garments I would like to wear but cannot – because they are not actually finished.
Yes, I have a rather embarrassing number of WIP hanging around that annoy the hell out of me, so I have decided to publicly commit myself to finishing them during the month of May.
So here go my solemn “Chris, get your act together”-resewlutions:
During MMM14 I am going to:
– finish those brushed cotton trousers that ONLY NEED A WAISTBAND
– finish the zip and vent on that blue and aqua dress that’s been hanging around since March
– finish the waistband and belt loops on those light blue trousers – for goodness sake, one side of the waistband is even done!!
– put the belt loops on those navy trousers that you wanted to wear LAST FRIDAY !!!
– sew up that green and white maxi dress – come on, just change the thread on the serger and coverstitch, it’s not that bad a job.
Phew, hopefully naming and shaming is going to help me… well, get my act together. I have a couple of days almost off work this week, so no time like the present!
And apropos of nothing and because I have no new sewing related photo, have a look at this rainbow. Hopefully there is a pot of gold at its end!
In other sewing news I have also finished making the most gorgeous silk blouse out of one of my recent Goldhawk Road purchases. I have got a job interview on Friday, so I want to wear it then for luck :-).
How’s your WIP pile looking? Any shameful secrets 😉 ?