One of my Resewlutions for 2014 was to expand my repertoire of trouser patterns from the one or two patterns that I know I can make fit to add some variation to my trouser wardrobe.
So I started with Burdastyle 8/2013 # 118:
Following my measurements I cut a size 42 (in RTW I wear a size 40) and my first impression was that the leg came up far to wide. It did not result in a bootcut but rather in a wide leg from the top. No big deal, it was very easy to take in the legs along the seams. One thing I really don’t like is the placement of the welt pockets. On me, at least, they come up way too high, so next time I will move them down by a few centimetres.
Otherwise I actually got a decent enough fit on the first attempt. There seems to be some slight fullness in the crotch:
I bought the excellent Sewing Pants that Fit and I wonder if what I need to do is shorten the front crotch:
The side seams look fine to me:
The back view still puzzles me though:
Otherwise I am encouraged by this first attempt. I am not crazy about the fabric, so this will be a wearable muslin at best, but I have some nice navy wool suiting waiting for the adapted version.
In other sewing news I finished my Georgia dress: