I have made the best possible use of the school holidays (and my boys away for a day trip 🙂 ) with a heavy sewing session based on the latest edition of Burdastyle. A lot of people in blog-land were rather non-plussed with it, but I actually really like it and I have made/am making three pieces from it.
First up is dress #127 (I blogged about my immediate infatuation with it here).
It’s not quite finished yet as I have not decided on the hem length and there is also a lot of umming and ahhing about the sleeves. I am not sure whether to leave them as wide as intended by Burda or to go for a more traditional tighter sleeve.
Then I made dress #101 from a very busy knit fabric. I am kind of hoping it does not look as busy in real life 😉
You can see the dress has very low neckline, so for reasons of decency I put a camisole on my dressform 🙂
I am all in love with the little gathered sleeves:
Finally, to complete my day’s work, the batwing top #113. I decreased the width of the batwing a little. Somehow having too much fabric around me makes me nervous…
I did not even look at what the instructions specified for finishing the neckline. I just used a strip of black bias stripe that was kicking around in my stash.